What POST 76 Does!
* Plan and implement annual Memorial Day Ceremony at The Lakes in Summerlin
* March with Color Guard in July 4th, Veterans Day, and Helldorado Days parades
* Provide Flag Posting details (Color Guard) for conventions on Las Vegas Strip, local organizations, and local government
* Support Nevada Department of Veterans Services (NDVS) with Veterans in Care (VIC) Program with Color Guard and recognition of Veterans at local Senior Care Facilities.
* Participate in Information Fairs several times a year at Nellis AFB and Creech AFB
* Award scholastic scholarships to local JROTC students
* Award American Legion Medals/Certificates to students at 4 High School JROTCs and 16 Middle and High Schools
* Hold informative monthly General meeting with Guest Speaker Program and social amenities
* Support Wreaths Across America Program at Southern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery (SNVMC)
* Provide aid and assistance to veterans and their families throughout Southern Nevada
* Work with other Veteran groups in similar projects
* Active participant in annual Catholic Charities-sponsored Veterans Service Fair in the Fall
* Active participant in annual U.S. Vets-sponsored Veterans Stand Down in the Spring
* Promote Americanism & Patriotism by picking up worn and damaged American flags for proper disposal according to the U.S. Flag Code
* Provide information and aid to Veterans at local Job Fairs
* Attend weekly services on Thursday mornings at the SNVMC for the interment of Veterans who have no family or friends.
* Support deployed active-duty units with "care packages"
* Volunteer at local PBS Channel 10 during on-air fund raising drive and other volunteer projects
* Sponsor local High School students in American Legion Oratorical Contests
* Sponsor local High School students in Department of Nevada Boys State Program
* Participate in quarterly American Legion District 2 meetings