Memorial Day Ceremony
July 4th Parade
Veterans Day Parade with Model T Club of Southern Nevada
4, Flag Postings for Several Conventions on Las Vegas Strip
Flag Postings for Local Organizations, Local Government
Information Fairs several times a year at Nellis AFB
Information Fairs several times a year at Creech AFB
Scholarships for local JROTC
Award American Legion Medals at 4 High School JROTCs and at 16 Middle and H.S
General Meetings once a month
Support Wreaths Across America Program
Provide aid and assistance to veterans throughout Southern Nevada
Work with other Veteran groups in similar projects
Active participants in Catholic Charities Veteran Service Fair in the Fall
Active participants in U.S. Vets Stand down in the Spring
Promote Americanism and Patriotism by picking up worn and damaged American flags for proper disposal according to the U.S. Flag Code.
Provide information and aid to Veterans at local Job Fairs
Attend weekly services on Thursday mornings at the Southern Nevada for the Veterans Memorial Cemetery for the interment of Veterans who have no family or friends.
Support deployed units with "care packages".
Volunteer at local P.B.S. Channel 10 during on-air fund raising drive and other volunteer projects when asked.
Sponsor local High School students in American Legion Oratorical Contests
Sponsor local High School students in Department of Nevada Boys State Program
* 30 September, Saturday. Retiree Appreciation Day, Nellis AFB, 0800-1300.
* 30 September, Saturday. Honor Flight Southern Nevada Pancake Breakfast, Applebee’s Restaurant, Boca Park 8730 W Charleston Blvd, 0800-1000.
* 3 October, Tuesday. Nellis Family Housing Fall Festival, Housing Office soccer field, 1630-1830/
* 11 October. Veterans Stand Down/Benefit Fair, Dula Gym, 441 E. Bonanza Rd, Las Vegas Blvd and Bonanza Road.
* 17 October, Tuesday. Monument dedication at Southern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery. 1000
* 25 October, Wednesday. PBS Job Fair, 1100-1400, 3050 E. Flamingo
* 10-12 November. Nellis AFB Open House and Air Show.
* 8 November, Wednesday. Color Guard for Sun City Summerlin Residents Forum Veterans Celebration, Desert Vista in Sun City.
* 11 November, Saturday. Color Guard in downtown Veterans Day Parade.
* 11 November, Saturday. Color Guard at Atria Sunlake, 3250 S Fort Apache, 1430.
* 11 November. Saturday. 4th Annual John H Hilgar II Charity Golf. Angel Park, 100 S Rampart Blvd. 0700-1800.
Post 76 Guest Speaker Program is Alive and Well
When you attend one of our General meetings, every 3rd Sunday of the month, you know you’re in for a treat. Our Guest Speaker Program features monthly presentations from some expert/ professional to present a topic that is sure to help you in your quest to keep up with information related to your Veterans status.
In the recent past:
1) Mr. Ross Bryant, Director of Military and Veterans Services Center at UNLV detailed all the Veterans assistance programs that he is able to offer through the UNLV campus.
2) Mr. Jim Knudsen, Veterans Services at PBS Channel 10, discussed the various community events that PBS offers to recognize Veterans and offer, among other things, access to Job Fairs.
3) Mr. Douglas Williams, Nevada Department of Human Resources, reviewed all the Veterans preference opportunities for employment with Nevada State.
4) Mr Fred Wagar, Deputy Director with Nevada Department of Veterans Services, delineated the myriad laws recently signed by Governor Sandoval that provide unique benefits to Veterans.
5) Sgt. Frank Spadlamore, US Army Recruiter in Las Vegas, presented his active-duty experience and an overview of the Service recruiting issues.
6) Mr Robert Cole, Humana representative, giving an overview of the health care options available to Veterans, including VA, Medicare, Tricare, Tricare For Life, AAvantage, and ACA.
At the October meeting, we can expect USAF Colonel Murray, Nellis Air Force Base Commander, overviewing the role of Nellis Air Force Base in supporting local Veterans, as well as his views on Military Force Development.
You must come to a meeting at Durango Hills YMCA, 3521 N. Durango Dr. to catch all this action!